HVAC Installer – Level I
7:00 am – 4:00 pm CST, with 30-minute lunch and 2 15-minute breaks.
Primary Job Function:
Under direct supervision of Lead Installer. Level 1 HVAC Installer will assist in the installation of air conditioning, heating, and ventilation systems in multi and single-family homes. Installations will follow proper code and “Your Company” rigid quality standards. Will report to work on time and ready to work.
HVAC Supervisor/Lead Installer
- Valid Driver’s License and clean MVR.
- Must be drug-free and be able to pass new-hire and random drug screenings.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Willingness to invest in tools used in the installation of HVAC equipment.
- Motivated to invest time into training to advance job position.
- Demonstrate commitment to developing customer service and communication skills
- Able to follow verbal and written directions as given.
- Capable of following all Safety Guidelines
- Ability to operate hand and power tools safely.
- Can work in situations requiring heights and tight working conditions from extension and step ladders.
- Can use safe lifting procedures on the job.
- Can work use full range of body motion to include: Climbing, Stooping, Kneeling, Balancing, Reaching, Lifting, Bending, and Twisting
Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly Duties:
- Purchase required tools as listed for HVAC Installation
- Arrive at the job site at scheduled time and location as dispatched
- Operate company vehicle as needed.
- Follow instructions from Supervisor and Lead Installer and perform duties promptly.
- Report any problems with company tools or vehicles promptly.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Must be supervised at all times.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Unload truck supplies and equipment.
- Participate in quarterly inventory.
- Participate and attend employee meetings and training.
- Develop customer service, communication, and teamwork skills with the Contractor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Skill Advancement (Within 6 months of hire date.)
- Learn and demonstrate within budgeted labor hours to AMI quality standards.
Perform tasks under direct supervision:
- Metal & Wood hole cutting.
- Duct installation and connection.
- Framing and nailing outlets.
- Installation of flex and duct to code and AMI Quality Standards.
- Properly vent and install bath fan.
- Installation of Gas Lines – No Hookups.
Development into Level 2 by observing Lead Journeyman, studying and enrolling in Gastite and EPA Class.
- Certification to Level 2 is expected.
- Furnace Hookups
- Refrigerant Lines
- Gas fittings, Gas Tags
- Gas Tree Construction
- Key business indicators will be used to measure the effectiveness of the HVAC Installer – Level 1:
- Number of times projects are not installed on schedule.
- Organization and cleanliness of work site and work vehicle.
- Number of callbacks on workmanship.
- Paperwork accuracy, including timecards.
- Number of times fittings are installed incorrectly.
- Number of equipment/tools breaks due to lack of maintenance or proper use.